These don’t need no introduction or explanation.
I promise, you’ll want to bathe, sleep and wrap yourself in the fragrance of the liquid and the taste.
We enjoyed this on a Saturday night, with tall glasses of Coca-cola and Shandy, sucking the liquid that filled the shells and basking in the delightful mouth warmth.
A must-make this season.
- 1/2 kilo fresh raw (green) groundnuts
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon (kosher) salt
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 4 - 6 crushed green cardamom pods
- 1 piece fresh ginger, crushed
- 2 - 3 dried red chilies
- Enough water to cover groundnuts by a couple of inches
- Rinse groundnuts a few times till water runs clear
- Combine all the ingredients in pot. Cover and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 30 - 45 minutes
- Turn off the heat and allow groundnuts sit in the mixture overnight
- Then jar in mixture or serve. With some Coca-cola or a Shandy 🙂
Have you tried any interesting recipes with fresh (raw/ green) groundnuts? Please share.[wpurp-searchable-recipe]In Season: Spiced Boiled Groundnuts – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]