Surely that counts for something? The recipe is easy – it begins with sliced mangoes, and then finishes with tossing the fruit, veggies and herbs together and garnishing with some chopped peanuts (or cashew nuts).
- 2-3 tablespoons of palm sugar (or dark brown sugar)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce, or to taste
- 3-4 drops, sesame oil, or to taste
- 1-2 large, underripe mangoes, julienned
- 1-2 red chillies, julienned (to taste)
- 1- 2 green chillies, julienned (to taste)
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup small prawns, cooked (optional)
- 1/3 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- A handful of herbs: Scent leaves, Basil, Cilantro, Mint; roughly chopped
- Candied ginger/ dried mangoes, chopped up to taste (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine the palm sugar, lime juice, vinegar ginger, fish sauce and sesame oil with half a cup of water. Bring to the boil and adjust seasoning to taste. Once it comes to the boil, remove from the heat and set aside till cool until you are ready to make the salad.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl, except the chopped herbs and roasted peanuts. Toss together gently and then season with some of the cooled down dressing (to taste), till well coated.
- To serve, garnish with chopped herbs, peanuts and candied ginger/ dried mangoes, if using
Nice and Easy.
Want to do your own thing with chicken? Sure. Try roasted or poached instead of shrimp.
Vegan? Then use tofu, avocados and/ or tomatoes to replace le seafood.
Home and away. Or home and dry. Oh whatever, just enjoy.[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Vietnamese Mango Salad – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]