This is beautiful. Really beautiful in a rich, creamy, totally tropical delight.
A few ingredients and you’re well on your way to whipping up a delight.
I’ve gone for fresh ingredients here – soursop, hand peeled; fresh coconut and lime juice but you could very well make your own cocktail with store-bought ones – cans of soursop juice, some ‘Malibu’ or other coconut liqueur.
If you don’t have any Disaronno, add a drop or two of almond extract to your mix.
Either way, finish with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
- 1 cup soursop pulp
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup coconut chunks (or appropriate amount of coconut rum/liqueur, to taste)
- 4 - 6 whole green cardamom pods
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup vodka
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup Disaronno, or almond extract to taste
- White/ light brown granulated sugar, to taste
- Fresh lime juice, to taste
- Ice, to serve
- Blend soursop pulp, coconut, cardamom pods together
- Pass through a strainer to remove pulp, bits, fibre
- In a blender, or cocktail shaker combine strained soursop mixture, a tablespoon or two of sugar and lime juice, till mixed through
- Pour into glasses, finish with ice and fresh lime juice
- And oh, an umbrella, because you've channeled your inner tropical child and sun. Peace out
- The ingredient proportions are only a guide - use them to create your perfect blend
You won’t regret it.