Here’s a sweet variation on the quickbread, with frozen blueberries and sauteed apples.
You might need the following:
Don’t worry if you don’t have maple sugar – light brown would do.
I don’t have much else to add. Just bake it. May your own variations – chocolate and bananas (Add chocolate chunks and cocoa powder? with bananas sauteed in rum or bourbon?) or pumpkin & spice with hazelnuts? Or a fruit cake version which would be awesome toasted with ice cream.
Sigh, people, just go forth into the world and bake.
- 200g self-raising flour
- 50g oats
- 50g demerara or maple sugar
- 100g (frozen) blueberries
- 2 small apples, chopped & sautéed in brown butter, vanilla, cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt
- Pinch of baking soda
- Vanilla powder (or extract)
- 3 eggs
- 100ml brown butter
- Heat oven to 180 degree C. Line with baking paper for free form loaf, or grease 22cm x 12cm loaf tin
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar, blueberries, sautéed apples, baking soda and vanilla powder in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, whisk the eggs and brown butter (and vanilla extract if using)
- Pour the wet into the dry mix and fold well to combine
- Spoon onto baking sheet and pat into a round, or pour into tin and smooth top if you like
- Bake for 30 minutes, till a skewer comes clean
- Enjoy with whipped cream, butter, jam or anything else that takes your fancy
With love xxx