I’ve wanted to make a bean salad for ages and finally got round to it.
This is a simple spiced salad, flavoured with cinnamon powder and lime juice. The recipe comes from a book ‘Hot, Hot, Hot’.
You’ll need cooked beans – boiled till soft but still holding its shape. I cooked the beans without salt so it wouldn’t take forever and yield hard beans.
It reminds me very much of a salsa, ingredients diced up.
And full of colour.
And then, one stirs it all together, and leaves it to rest really.
Which is pretty simple right? And looks awesome, yes?
You savour ever mouthful, your mouth laced with fresh and warmth, creamy and creamy. You enjoy your ‘Adalu’ salad. And plan on how you shall make the pottage.
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 – 2 chilies peppers, sliced
- 2 cups cooked brown beans
- ½ - 1 cup sweet corn
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- Juice of 2 limes
- Pinch of salt
- Coconut, to top
- Combine chopped tomatoes and sliced chilies and sprinkle some salt. Stir well and set aside for about half an hour for the flavours to develop
- Add the beans, corn, bell pepper, onion and coriander leaves.
- Make the dressing by mixing the cinnamon powder, sugar, salt and lime juice and pour over the salad. Stir well.
- Top with shredded/ grated coconut