Like strewn atop a bed of greens and herbs.
Simple to assemble. And delicious.
Think fresh and crunchy, chewy and spice, soft and juicy and all things nice.
And here are a few tips you might need:
- 1 knob unsalted butter
- 1 large clove of garlic, sliced
- 6 - 8 young scent leaves
- 1/2 - 1 cup cooked snails, chopped/sliced
- 2 cups sliced/ torn lettuce
- 1/2 a cucumber, peeled and diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 - 3 spring onions, white and greens chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 2 apples, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons scent leaves, chiffonaded
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chiffonaded
- Heat up a pan and add the butter
- Add the garlic slices and scent leaves as it melts then let cook till all melted, stirring continously
- Add the snails and stir for a minute or two till they are coated in butter. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- While not a layered salad, I like to put ingredients in the salad bowl one at a time.
- I begin with the lettuce and then follow, spreading and sprinkling the next and other elements so each serving is near complete
- Once done, sprinkle the snails over the top and refrigerate
- Or serve right away
- I made this an hour before serving and it held up very well - covered with plastic wrap and refrigerated
- I served it without dressing...for no particular reason. I think a creamy garlicky dressing would be nice...but for fear of 'death by garlic breath', a milk dressing might suffice
And yes, there is another ‘snail exploration’ coming up – think baked.
You, what would you do with snails? [wpurp-searchable-recipe]Nigerian Sautéed Snail Salad – – – [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]